Tuesday, March 20, 2007

haircuts, movies, week in progress

So March Break was fairly uneventful but I forgot to mention an important thing that I did! I cut the kids hair!
I suppose this isn't too big a deal. I cut Liam's hair all the time. I don't however cut Olivia's hair all the time. In her 4 short years, I've only cut her hair a total of 2 times. Maybe 3 times at most. Her hair was getting so very long so I hacked it all off.
Olivia looks more her age with her hair shorter.

***

I watched Borat on the weekend with the hubby. yeah it was pretty crass and it was so very uncomfortable to watch some parts. There are some situations that he goes into and you're just thinking Oh No, please don't! Hardest to watch had to be the naked wrestling. Definitely hilarious was Pamela Anderson in the wedding sack. Funny movie but disturbing. I don't think I'll be viewing it again though.

Yesterday morning I managed to get all of Just Like Heaven viewed. I was entertained. I like me some Mark Ruffalo. The reason I can enjoy such fluff I think is because I'm very good at just accepting things that are done just for the sake of advancing the story. It doesn't matter how unrealistic it may be, I'll buy it if it will keep the story going and keep me entertained. There's nothing really new in this movie but it's tried and true and I liked it.

Also viewed Stranger Than Fiction today. What a lovely movie. I enjoyed this one so immensely. The characters are great. Will Ferrell is excellent and so is Maggie Gyllenhaal, as usual. I really like her. And there are so many famous people acting in this movie. The story was good, the plot was unique and the ending was terrific. Now I want some cookies...

***

Card night was good on Saturday. We sat about for a little while before getting in a game of euchre (which An and I won) and then we played several hours of poker. Not just Hold 'Em either. We took turns calling different games, dealer's choice. Greg and I both lost which means that he's going to be even less likely to ever play again. The kids stayed up almost the entire night. We left after 1:30am and the girls were still going strong. Even Liam had passed out on the couch. The next day we were told that the reason the girls were probably good so late was because they were eating straight sugar! Gerry found little tea plates of sugar in Jacqui's room! *rolls eyes*

Sunday was relaxing day. Monday was help Greg pack day. He's in Toronto this week and then off to Mexico for a week. Just today we found out that they want him in Rome the week after. We thought it had been cancelled but now they're begging him to go. The way I see it, it's ok for him to go and travel for weeks at a time so long as he can take multiple weeks off to be with us in the summer. We'll see him next weekend since we're driving to Toronto to be with him before he leaves for Mexico. Then we'll head back again to see him when he arrives back from Rome before he heads to Waterloo for a course. so yeah, he'll be gone for 4 weeks straight.

well that's all for now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home