Sunday, March 04, 2007

Finally!
yeesh, I've finally finished Book One of the 50 Book Challenge this year.  The thing is, it's March.  That's 3 months in and I've only finished one book!
The other thing is, I've been reading this book for the past 5 months!  I absolutely fail at reading!

But yes, I have finally finished The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova.
My thoughts at the end of it?  well, it was ok.  I mean it was a good story, the places were fabulous to read about.
Unfortunately, it took me so long to get through it that for me, the story was so disjointed.  And I guess it wasn't so much a problem with the story itself but rather there were so many breaks in my attention span that I just couldn't get the flow of the story going.

It is too bad.  When I was in grade school I had such an interest in Dracula and vampires.  I remember doing a project with my best friend and we drew this famous picture of Dracula.  To this day, vampires still hold a special fascination for me.
So that there is an entire book filled with Dracula lore and history, I'm kind of disappointed that I could not get into this book.
Also I had so many good reviews from trusted friends and family that maybe I had very high expectations.

It's a good book but I can't rate it so highly.  I will likely forget most of the details in not too long.  :(

Next up:  Checkmate by Malorie Blackman.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

creations originated animation assure udhyog hindleyleeds definite mone newsgroups herbal fortunately
lolikneri havaqatsu

7:07 a.m., February 11, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home