Saturday, February 17, 2007

Posted Feb 13 2007

dammit. I feel like the worst mom this morning.

You see, Liam has Spirit Week at school this week. Yesterday it was pyjama day. Today is crazy hair day.
The boy has very little hair. I cut it short all the time. Granted it is getting a bit long but there's really nothing I can do to make it crazy other than to let him go to school with bed head (not an option this morning since I gave him a bath before school) or put gel in it to style it crazy-like.
Normally I would do this without hesitation. Crazy Hair Day? hell yeah! let's make the little dude's hair stand up on end all over!
However today it's -24C (-34C with the windchill) outside. The kid has to wear his toque. Any style I could put his hair in would be ruined and gone by the time he arrived at school. In addition, his class is supposed to go skating this afternoon. Helmet! (unfortunately, due to the extreme cold, the kids may not go skating. but regardless, his crazy hair would not have worked today.)

The thing is, he was so excited to make his hair crazy. He suggested that I colour it green. :( I don't have green hair colour for him. I hoped to put a wig on him, one of those colourful afro clown wigs that Olivia got in her dress-up chest for her birthday. However, the wig has disappeared. I think I left it at my parent's place. :(
He was so deflated and disappointed leaving home this morning. And he was nearly in tears getting on his bus. I was a little suprised that he was so keen to make his hair crazy. But at the bus stop with all the kids talking about their crazy hair and admiring each other's crazy hair, I could see how left out he felt. oh my heart breaks for him.
I'm hoping that he can get through the day without feeling too bad. I told him before he got on the bus that he'll be going skating this aft and that he can look forward to that. I think he's a strong kid. He'll feel bad for a little bit but I think he'll get distracted once he's at school. I hope so... :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home