Tuesday, April 10, 2007

week up to and including Easter weekend

oh good... I'm only a week behind in updating. lol

It wasn't an overly exciting week.

Greg was in Rome. The week before he was in Mexico.
Picked Rich up from his trip to Holland.
(yeah, how miserable am I that everyone is going overseas but me? :( )
oh wait, I was in Paris less than 2 months ago. hee. I'm good!

Liam had hockey Monday and Thursday nights. He does pretty good but sometimes he skates too fast for his own good! In trying to outskate the opposing team to get to the puck, he ends up overskating it or wiping out altogether. He always gets back up so it's not too bad that I think it's pretty funny.
Olivia had school 3 times this week, again to make up for missed classes during March Break. I also took her to her first ballet class of the session. Well her first class of the session, she'd missed 2 weeks beforehand. I'm glad she enjoys it.
Did I mention that I signed us all up for soccer this summer? Liam has soccer Tuesdays and Thursdays, Olivia on Saturdays and myself on Friday nights.
Olivia is so excited about playing soccer. She's also thrilled about going to school in September. Off and on she'll ask when it will be June (for soccer) or September (for school)!

Dodgeball was good last week. It was our first playoff game and we won! That's 3 straight victories in a row! We play this Wednesday for 5th place in the division. I've also confirmed a school for us to play pickup/practice on Fridays until mid-June. I hope we get a good turnout of people!
This Wednesday also marks the last day we'll get to see Spencer before he leaves us for Vancouver. Our team captain who brought such a great team together is taking off on us. :( But his memory will live on in the name of our new team. And I'll make some cookies for our last game. :D

Thursday was a crazy evening for us. First Liam had hockey from 5-6pm. Then I got him dressed and cleaned up for Beavers at 6:30pm.
I brought Olivia to Rich's place for babysitting and instructions to pick up Liam at 7:30pm. I then went off to watch the last home game of the Ottawa Senators season. It was an ok game. We played the Pens (who we're going to see in Round 1 of the playoffs) and we lost in the last 10 seconds! ugh
Hopefully the Sens will pull out more during playoffs to get them past Pittsburgh in as few games as possible!
I have tickets for Game #2 on Saturday. woohoo! go Sens go!

Liam had no school on Good Friday or Easter Monday so we took a long weekend and headed back to Newmarket. It worked out well since Greg was coming back from Rome and hadn't seen us in 2 weeks. He flew in Saturday early afternoon and we had Easter dinner Saturday night. Then I got my mom, dad and my sister to play poker. My mom is crazy aggressive! She ended up winning.
Sunday we woke up with our easter egg hunt and then the kids and I joined my sister, her hubby and baby Cole for Easter mass. In the afternoon we sat around and watched Children of Men.
I thought it was a pretty good movie. The last part was a bit horrid with all the shooting but it was really well done. I like the idea of the story but there was no explanation behind the infertility in the world. That was something that I thought was missing. I'll have to read the book. I really enjoyed Clive Owen. He's pretty awesome.
After that we then watched Bon Cop, Bad Cop. There was hesitation to view this one. I don't really know why since it's a comedy and supposedly the highest grossing Canadian film since Porkey's but I put it on while I was waiting for Greg to pack for Waterloo. It ended up that he enjoyed it immensely and watched the whole thing with us. Man, it's a funny movie. The whole hockey theme was so fitting for this time of the year too.
Then we went bowling with my dad. The kids love going. We played 5 pin which I'm not really a fan of but I kicked butt.
We left just after noon on Monday to head back to Ottawa. It was a relatively relaxing weekend. The kids got their fill of sweet stuff. To think of it, so did I.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home